Installing Rasa in a fresh Joomla 3 installation
We generally advise using a quickstart package if using a template in a new installation. However these are the steps to follow to install Rasa2 in a fresh Joomla installation if that is somehow not possible.
Items to install
- Install the Rasa template
- Install the Zenmenu plugin
- Install the shortcode plugin
- Install the Zentools module
- Install the JB Maps2 Module
- Install the Skillset module
- Install Hikashop (optional) Hikashop
Elements to publish / Unpublish
- Set the Rasa2 template as the default template in the template manager.
- Edit the Rasa2 template and save settings to update the current configuration.
- Publish the zenmenu plugin via the plugin manager
- Publish the Zen Shortcode plugin via the extensions manager.
Change the position for the following items and adjust some settings
- Change the main menu module position to menu.
- Disable the menu module title.
- Change the position of the search module to search.
- Set it to display on all pages.
- Disable the search module title
- Enter a space in the search label option
Elements to create
- Create your logo. Please see the adding your logo article for help with this.
Adding your content
After following the steps outlined above you will have a basic frame of a site using the Rasa2 template. From here you need to start adding your content and publishing modules.
The front page setup article details which modules we have used in the theme to create the demo content.